South Coast Web is happy to announce that we are now providing SEO for companies in the Poole area.
Due to the continued success of our web design and development team we are happy to be in a position where we can extend our services but still keep all the qualities that makes us who we are.
Our basic SEO Poole packages start from only £150.00 + VAT.
An overview of SEO how it could benefit your business
What is Search Engine Optimisation
The world wide web has gone from strength to strength and this has led to millions of companies creating an online presence to get customers visiting their website through popular search engines. A 2012 survey, created by Yelp, found that 85% of consumers use the internet to find local businesses*.
But as the years have gone by the competition has increased and we are now at a stage where people need to bring in an element of Search Engine Optimisation if they are ever to be found by a customer.
It is the act of optimising a website for a search engine with the end goal being that the site would rank higher in search results and this would lead to more customers visiting a site, this is a brief overview and many elements must be considered to an effective search engine marketing campaign.
Let’s move onto the specifics and certain ranking factors which play a large role in increasing the online visibility of your website.
Onsite refers to elements that appear both on the website you are trying to rank and also individual pages that will be what actually rank on the SERP’s. There are various technical and non-technical factors that come into play here which all have an impact on the page you wish to rank.
Here is a brief version of the checklist we run through every site and page to make sure they are perfectly optimised for the target search phrase:
- Content is high quality, relevant to the search phrase you are targeting and as a minimum we like to ensure that there are 500 words in the document, however ideally we would like that number to be double the average word count on the front page for the target search phrase.
- Relevant images and alt tags are included in the copy of the page.
- Content which acts as a valuable resource to help entice people to link back to your site as inbound links play a large role in our SEO campaigns.
- Double and triple check for any misspellings or poor grammar, Google can and will penalise you if your page doesn’t make any sense.
- Optimise Meta Title to provide context for Google on what the page you wish to rank is all about.
- Optimise Meta Description to help drive up the CTR (Click Through Rate)
- Contextual internal links in a SILO structure to help the Googlebot understand your site and what it’s all about.
- Link out to authoritative external sources.
Offsite optimisation can be just as important as onsite, however there are typically a lot fewer elements to it.
Again here is a brief checklist that we will run through on your site to make sure you are perfectly optimised to rank for your target search phrases:
- Monitor and measure inbound link profile through various online resources.
- Create a plan of action to generate and drive high-quality inbound links to your website.
- Perform competitor link analysis to discover previously hidden opportunities.
- Clean up local citations to ensure consistency throughout all the major providers of company data (Factual, Scoot, Google Business etc.)
- Recover any broken inbound links which might have been lost to time.
This is arguably the largest checklist which we run through with every client, the reason for that is quite simply that it’s a can of worms. No site is every technically perfect as there are just simple too many things which could go wrong.
However there are a few crucial SEO checks that we run through to make sure that your site is up to the current Google Webmaster Guidelines:
- Run your site through Google pagespeed insights to make sure there are no site speed issues.
- Check to make sure Google has indexed your site correctly and that there are no pages which shouldn’t be appearing on Search Engine Results Pages.
- Run through Google’s Search Console to make sure there are no technical errors they have picked up which need to be fixed.
Our business ethos has always been to be transparent, this is why on our SEO services page we have listed the pricing structure we have created and what you can expect to receive.
But nothing is set in stone and if we feel focusing on a specific element of SEO will be beneficial to your site then we will say so and change our pricing structure to make sure you get the best value for money.
Based in Poole
One of our advantages over other companies is that we are based in Poole which gives us the ability to provide an SEO consultancy service which is also described in full detail on our SEO page.
This is the most important stage of the whole process because it creates a foundation for all work that we do. Without this stage it would also be difficult to discover any issues with the site and if it is being held back by an algorithm or has a manual action against it.
Once the initial site analysis has been completed we will then create a plan of action tailored to your site and what it needs to generate more revenue for your business. We are always on time with any deadlines set and can change our work to your requirements if need be.
This is where the world of SEO starts to get exciting, well for us at least. Once the plan of action has been agreed by both parties we then begin working our magic by implementing various on-site and off-site practices that are all part of the search engine optimisation service.
If you would like to discuss our SEO services further then please get in touch through the contact form below or give us a call on : 01202 665855.
*Cited statistics from reliable sites: